Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Polar Bear Grand Tour - Firehouse Eatery - Sunday, February 28th, 2010


Last Sunday we had a beautiful day as we rode east to Bahr's Landing in Highlands NJ.  Our group was seated at several different tables, and those of us at the table I was seated at were served by the phantom waitress.  She greeted us, served our drinks, took our lunch order and then disappeared.  Once we eventually got our lunch we were unable to pay as our waitress was no where to be found (must have been fishing with our bill as bait in Sandy Hook Bay).

Sunday we visit Firehouse Eatery in Rahway, NJ.  One of my Polar Bear friends purchased a new snow blower last week after all the recent snow storms.  This would normally guarantee that there won't be any measurable snow for many years; yet the weatherman is now forecasting another storm this week.  So much for global warming...  Fortunately temperatures should be well above freezing after the storm and the sun is high in the sky helping to clear the roads of that nasty white stuff (the snow but not the salt).  I'm thinking since I washed my bike last Sunday, I must have negated the snow blower purchase jinx with the bike washing jinx.  Or is it spending the week in sunny Florida, I'm repaid by returning to a pile of white $hit in my driveway!

We'll meet on Sunday at McDonalds on Lincoln Highway in Langhorne for a prompt 10:15 am departure.  Please have a full gas tank and empty bladder upon arrival.  Watch this blog for any last minute changes.

UPDATE

Well the snow blower jinx didn't work and my flight back from Florida today was cancelled as the airports in the New York area were all shuttered due to snow and high winds.  So I'm telling everyone there's good news and bad news; my flight was cancelled and I'm stuck in Florida until Monday.  You Polar Bears are on your own Sunday and maybe I'll drive up to Daytona to check out Bike Week.  Hopefully I'll see you'all next week.

No comments:

Search This Blog